Friday, December 14, 2012



O’ Christmas Treeee!


Today I’m sharing a Christmas card I dreamed of this weekend LOL.  Yes on occasion I have a dream about a creation and I’ll jot down what I remembered so I can use it as inspiration later.  In my dream I remembered lots of creams and a soft aqua with a ton of snowy glitter!  So I pulled out a favorite Lockhart stamp to use called “Snowy Tree with Birds”.  SCACD has a gorgeous selection HERE of Lockhart stamps to choose from. I love the elegant look they give to your projects!  And if you have never used them the Itty Bitty stamps are FANTASTIC to use on tags, envelopes & small cards…so much fun & so cute!




I used some older paper from DCWV “Linen Closet” that is some of my fave-of-all-time and distressed the edges a bit.  I embossed my cream cs with a CB folder (holly leaves) and added some glitter as well.  The frilly accents were made with the La Rue Flourish by Memory Box (see a great selection here).  I love Memory Box dies because they cut so cleanly & they are so beautiful to use on your cards/projects.  All that glitter…well I used tacky glue and painted it on my flourishes, around my main image, in the embossed cs, on the snowy parts of tree and on edges of card THEN added my FAVE DecoArt Glamour Dust.  I love the diamond-glittery look it gives!  Then I used Ranger Liquid Pearls in Bisque to add small pearls to the tree as well for more texture.  The sheer ribbon is from PTI.




Happy Holidays,

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails