Sunday, March 4, 2012

Fluttering By

As I was out running this morning in the cold and under grey skies, I kept thinking about how lovely it will be in a few weeks when the bulb flowers start blooming.  It is always so cheerful after the gloomy late winter weather.  When I arrived home, I was determined to create something that made me thing spring.  What could be more spring than tulips?



I created this tag using some masking like Danni shared in the tutorial here and stencils like Lorraine shared in the tutorial here.

I used the tulip stamp and the butterfly from the Tulipa image from the Fall Flora Fairies.  I masked the butterfly while I inked the sky.  The swirls are created by inking a darker blue on using a stencil from Crafters Workshop.  I highlighted the base of the wings with some Smooch.  The entire tag was then spritzed with Shimmerz to give it some shine.

I am sitting here anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new Luminarte Silks and Mica Powder.  I watched THESE videos and now I MUST have them!  What colors are you going to get?

Hope your weather is sunny and bright, but if not, maybe it is time to make your own Spring!

Get Inky!
Alex

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails