Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Angel of Hope for You!


Hello Crafty Friends!  Today I'm using a very special image for a special cause (read more on my blog here)!  This angel "Angel of Hope" is by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD and it's very special too---everytime someone purchases this stamp (at anytime) SCACD will donate $1 to Breast Cancer Research!  So you get a beautiful image and help out women at the same time--what a great deal dontcha' think?!  If you have a crafty friend going thru struggles with cancer this would be a beautiful gift to give them--a stamp they can use and money toward the cause!


The beautiful papers I used are from Memory Box called "Gossamer"--I love the soft and soothing tones! I wish you could see how soft and sparkly this is in real life--so pretty!  I distressed the edges of all my papers with my Zutter Distress Tool and those pretty angel-wing-like ornaments on each side of my image are by Pink Paislee-Artisan Collection.  They are cream grungeboard and I actually got the ornament in half so I could put it on each side of my image--but they can be painted, spritzed or sanded too.  I added some stickles to the insides of each ornament for a soft sparkle as well.  The layered flowers are all by Prima and the pearl swirls are as well.


The angel image was colored with copics (RV11,RV10,RV000/E53,E51,E50/E11,E00) very softly to match the pastel tones.  The soft background was done with copics too (BG0000,BG10,W00,E50,YG0000) and I will have a video on how to do this soon, I have to wait until I sound normal again, LOL!  Then I took a couple stamps from my Paper Trey Ink Collection (Text Basics and Vintage Labels) and stamped them very lightly on the edges of the image.  I stamped her wings twice and colored them--then popped them up on graduating dimensionals so they pop up farther from her body as they go out.  They got a nice coat of Stickles and then while the stickles were wet I sprinkled them with Glamour Dust(15% off)--the sparkle is sooooo pretty!  I wanted a bit of sparkle on her gown as well but I wanted it to be soft--so I took my Quickie Glue Pen and traced a few of the lines on her gown and then sprinkled more Glamour Dust on them. 

Love the Glamour Dust?  Well they have NEW Glamour Dust paints out now that are beeee-u-tiful (see this project here) and SCACD has them all in stock HERE!


Enjoy your day!
Suzanne J Dean

1 comment:

Gina L said...

Holy wow. This card is GORGEOUS. I love all of the textures and dimension.

Related Posts with Thumbnails