Thursday, November 4, 2010

Try It Out Challenge--Silver Snowflakes!


Since it's Thursday I have my SCACD Try It Out Challenge for you today!  I challenged the DT to create holiday/winter projects with NON-TRADITIONAL COLORS (no red, green, silver & gold)!  Yep I cheated again, lmbo--but I only used silver as accents!!  I kept my color scheme to cream, gray and gray-aqua with touches of silver here and there!  I used a brand new stamp by new stamp artist Carmen Medlin for SCACD--this image is called "Purrrrfect Friends".  I love me my kitties so this image just touches my heart!


I got to use bunches of new goodies on this card, hee hee, which I LOVE!!  Those beautiful papers are NEW from Webster's Pages called "Waiting for Santa/Sweet Season" (they come in 6x6 size), love the colors and patterns!  The fun die cut behind my main image is a new Spellbinders die called "Beaded Ovals"--love these new beaded die-cuts!  Then I used my new Jumbo MS snowflake punch (and the smaller one too) to create the snowflake embellishments.  I coated them with tacky glue and sprinkled that FABULOUS NEW Silver Flower Soft on them (have you seen it and the gold--awesome stuff & super glittery--a must-have for the holidays)!!  The sentiment is from a new PTI set and then I trimmed my snowflakes with large pearls and smaller pearls at the bottom!


Of course she is colored with Copics (BG75,BG72,BG11,BG10/C9,C7,C5,C3,C1) and then I added lots of stickles to her skirt so it's super glittery (hey its the holiday season, bling is big)!!  Another fun NEW product I used on this is the NEW Color Sparkle Fluff called "daiquiri ice" which I used on her scarf, mittens and kitty's scarf!! (5 new Sparkly Fluff Colors HERE--but this pale aqua is a must have I tell ya)  I love Sparkle Fluff---it's like flock but with sparkles and is fun to touch and easy to use!!  That's diamond glaze on her boots as well--I love to use it on shoes!!  And the bow was made using my fave tool the Bow Easy (best tool for $5 I tell ya)!!!



Hope you enjoyed this project today and don't forget to check out these awesome new stamps by Carmen Medlin for SCACD HERE at the store!  And scroll down to see the DT projects for this fun challenge!

hugz,
Suzanne J Dean

3 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

oh this is a fabulousy gorgeous creation with such detail and a super image
Hugs Kate x

Ms. Jen said...

WOW! Just stunning!

alienanessa said...

Jeeze loueeze, where to even start?? Once again, inhuman. That coloring and ALL that you did to the image to make it sooo real, well...awesome job. It's just stunning!

Related Posts with Thumbnails