Thursday, October 7, 2010

Flower Pot Love!!

Love in a Flower Pot!!


Do you remember Anne Geddes?  This image by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD so reminds me of those cute pictures of babies in flowers and cute poses--adorable!  I had to do this up in soft pinks, creams and greens--a totally feminine baby card.  This image is called "Rose Petal" and is from the new Elisabeth Bell Mini Release at Susana's Custom Art & Card Design--it's too cute to resist!


This card today is for this week's SCACD Try It Out Challenge which was to use an image with an animal of some kind--see details for challenge HERE!  Yes I CHEATED again but I HAD to use this cutie "Rose Petal" so I added some punched butterflies for my "animal", lol--I actually love the way the butterflies enhance the whole card!  All of my papers are from My Mind's Eye "Lost & Found" Collection--I love all these papers in different color series, my fave of the year I think!  I distressed my image with my Zutter Distress tool and the triple bow was done with my Bow Easy and some fancy layering of ribbon (wink).   The cool circle die cut behind my image is a new Spellbinders die called "Lacey Circles"!


My image was colored on Cryogen cardstock with copics--to keep the colors soft I used a technique with the Colorless Blender to keep my colors super light (R21,R00/YG93,YG91/E43,E42,E40).  The ends of the petals got stardust Stickles and the roses on the pot got a thick coat of diamond glaze.

Hope you enjoyed my project for today--make sure to scroll down to see the rest of the DT's challenge projects!


hugz,
Suzanne

4 comments:

stephanne said...

Oh my heavens, this is amazing!!! I love these colours you've chosen, so creamy dreamy gorgeous and that image is precious!! Love the touches of glitter!!
hugs, stephanne

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous! Love the soft colors. Oh yeah, the image reminds me of those baby pictures,so sweet.

Julie said...

Wow - absolutely gorgeous!! She is such a cutie and your colouring and sparkly is wonderful!! Juliexx

Mae said...

One word...Precious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails