Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Try It Out Tuesday #64--Frame It!!


Hello Everyone!  Today is Tuesday so that means another Try It Out Tuesday Challenge!  This week I challenged the team to create a frame around their image or on their card but it could not be a paper frame!  One of my favorite embellishments is buttons so I had to create a button frame for my card of course!!  I used one of my fave Victoria Case stamps called "Milla"--she's fantastic because she can be used for so many fun occasions.  This paper is NEW from Melissa Frances--I loved the lilac colors paired with a minty green--pretty & springlike.  The border punch I used is a new one from Martha Stewart--I love the delicate feeling it has.  I used my buttons to create a round frame behind the image in matching colors.  Those clear pearls circling the edge of the card were made with my Viva Decor Gloss Pen (in transparent)--you can sprinkle glitter on the top of them as well for more sparkle!


She's colored with Copics and then I also paper pieced her dress with the matching dp--I love to tie in the images with the rest of the card that way.  Remember when you're paper piecing to shade it like the rest of the image--here I used W3 & W1 to shade the edges.  Then I used the Viva Decor Glitter Liner (in holographic) on the stripes on her dress and her bows--this stuff is 100x sparklier than Stickles!!

Now scroll on down to see the rest of the DT's fabulous projects for you today!

hugz,
Suzanne

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

wow this is gorjus hun love it great image and super detail too love cheryl xx

Becky said...

She is adorable, and your colored her so well. Love the buttons.

Related Posts with Thumbnails