Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Try It Out Tuesday #47~Fancy Folds



Happy Tuesday!!!! I hope your week is off to a wonderful start:o)  It is time for a new Try It Out Tuesday Challenge; and this week, Suzanne is challenging us to create a card using a Fancy Fold.  You can create a trifold...easel...gatefold...anything goes just as long as it isn't a regularly folded card.

For my card, I chose to create an easel card.  My super talented friend, Barbara, has been making some stunning creations using this fold (if you are not familiar with her blog, you really need to check out her beautiful creations), and I have been wanting to give it a try.  When this challenge was issued, I thought...now is the perfect time to do it, and here it is.

The card stock is by DCWV and all the patterned papers are by Heidi Grace.  I found this yummy paper at Tuesday Morning and have been saving it for the perfect image.  As soon as I saw the lovely Cherry Blossom by Elisabeth Bell for Susana's Custom Art and Card Design, I knew it was time to pull out those beautiful papers.  I colored Ms. Blossom with Prismacolor markers and added some Diamond Glaze and Stickles for a bit of pizzazz.  She was cut out with my large classic oval nesties and adhered to the matching scallop nesties.  A bit of Offray ribbon was added, along with some Kaisercraft pearls, Spare Parts blossoms, and a decorative button. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and is stamped using SU's Close to Cocoa ink.  Voila...the card is complete!  In all honesty, I thought this card would take forever to make.  To my wonderful surprise, it came together VERY quickly!!!  In fact, I think I am addicted:o)  You just may be seeing more of these cards...hope you don't get sick of 'em!

Well that about does it for me!!!  I hope your Tuesday is incredible and filled with loads of blessings!!!  Thank you for dropping bu for a bit.  It means a great deal to me that you take the time out of your very busy day to stop by and take a peek!!  Don't forget to stop by SCACD and check out ALL the AMAZING SPECIALS she has going on at the moment!!!  Believe me, you will not be disappointed; and the savings are so exceptional, you can load up your shopping cart with goodies absolutely guilt free!!!  Have a great one, my friends!!!

Big Hugs!!
Carolyn

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails