Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Try It Out Tuesday #39--One Stamp, 2 Ways!!

Try It Out Tuesday #39

Hiya Friends & Happy Tuesday to ya!! Since it's Tuesday, that means it's a Try It Out Tuesday Challenge #39--this time I challenged the DT to use the new Elisabeth Bell for SCACD "Special Edition Ornamnent" stamps in a way that showcases their versatility--see them all HERE! I decided to use one fabulous stamp, "Surprise", to make 2 totally different cards! The great thing about this stamp is that it is not holiday specific--great for any celebration! My image is colored w/ copics and the fab dp is by My Mind's Eye! I added some stardust stickles to her bows and the present w/ that cute lil' puppy popping out--love it! The cs and ribbons are all from PTI, flowers are Prima & punch outs with my Retro flower punch! And yes, the double bow was made w/ my Bow Easy! :o)

I think she's so beautiful in that fancy dress!! Really love this stamp! Sentiment is from PTI's "Everyday Button Bits" set.

My second card uses the same "Surprise" stamp but this time I made a Christmas card with her! The fabulous gold cs is a heavy mirrored paper that I bought here--it embosses beautifully & is super shiny! The other dp is from my scrap pile, but the cs is PTI's Scarlet Jewel. The Poinsettias & holly are by Prima that I layered together & added a fun gold jingle bell to the center! Sentiment is by PTI's "Signature Christmas"--great grouping of holiday sentiments in this set!

This image was colored w/ Copics as well, the present's bow has gold Spica pen on it & diamond glaze. The tissue paper & her bow have stickles as well! Doesn't she look fab in her holiday finery? Using our stamps in many ways is a great way to save money--lord knows I have a ton of stamps, so this is a good example how to get more mileage out of them!

Now make sure to scroll down to see the DT's fabulous projects for today's challenge!


hugz,
Suzanne

6 comments:

Julie said...

Fabulous cards - different and yet both stunning. Colouring is to die for! Juliexx

Cheryl said...

wow what fantastic cards all so differnet yet stunning each and every one love that image she is really beautfiul hugs cheyrl xxxxx

Tanya Rudd said...

Oh my, I have to say the minute I scrolled down and saw the green, I went WOW! Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Dragonlady said...

Hi Suzanne,

What fantastic cards and so different. This is a beautiful stamp and you have done it justice.

Ali x

Crafty Dawn said...

Lovely image and beautifully coloured

Love Dawn xx

TropicLuv said...

Beautiful cards! I absolutely ADORE the Christmas version, just lovely! Your coloring is perfect and the design is great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails