Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Try It Out Tuesday #18--A Lil' Birdie!

So today is Tuesday, so that means it's "Try It Out Tuesday"!! I challenged the DT to create cards that were NOT a square or rectangle shape today!! It's always fun to make cards in a different shape & so fun to give & recieve too! I made a gift to go along with my card today. This cute lil' birdhouse was created from a FREE template by Nichole Heady for PTI (ya know I lovee my PTI)--very easy to print & assemble! My cs is from PTI also and the polka-dots were created with PTI's "Polka Dot Basics" for the bg.

My card features this fabulous new Lockhart stamp "Wicker Chair" that I colored with Copics & added some fun polka dots to the chair cushion to match. I used my Nestabilities Labels 1 (now 15% off at Susana's) to make my card shape. Gingham ribbon is from PTI & the rose is from Prima.

I just adore the shape of this birdhouse--so cute! I used my CB embossing folder on the roof to give it texture & then added some ink to distress it a bit. I cut my hole out with a scalloped nestability & covered the window with vellum so the inside was hidden a bit. My birdhouse holds 6 teabags inside, but you could put lots of lil' gifts in there! The flowers are hydrangeas & roses from Prima.
The tag was made using my Nestability Labels 4 (lovee this shape for tags) and stamped PTI's "Tea for Two" sentiment on it and also Lockhart's "IB Birds". Tied a bow thru the roof and thru the tag & added some more Primas.
I made my birdhouse open on one side and it closes with a Basic Grey Magnet--I just added a little tag for the magnet to stick on to. This whole birdhouse was put together with Scor-Tape--so its super strong!! Hope you liked the projects today??


So make sure and scroll down to see the rest of the DT's brilliant creations!!


See ya tomorrow!
hugz,
Suzanne

1 comment:

Nancy said...

WOW this is fantastic!!! Love the little birdhouse, and matching card... Stunning!
Hugs, Nancy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails