Tuesday, May 12, 2009

TIOT18, MTTSC21 - Kyra for Mother's Day

This week's Try It Out Tuesday Challenge #18 is to create a SHAPED card. Any shape, as long as it's not a square/rectangle. I had to put my thinking cap on with this one, and I decided to use one of the Pointed petal flower card templates from Mirkwood Designs. Just trace and cut!

This little sweetie is another Faerie Song Art Stamps image, called Kyra. I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo Black, and colored with Copic markers. After she was ready I cut her out {a lot of cutting on this one!} and added her to the precut Nestabilities circle using dimensionals. I doodled the outside edge of the circle for more definition.

Fast and easy! The colors for this card are Almost Amethyst, Bashful Blue and Apricot Appeal. I really like this image, I think she has such a sweet and wistful look on her face and I love the hair!! The best thing about coloring faeries is that you can make their hair ANY COLOR you want! It's way fun and cheaper than therapy! Try it and you'll see. :)

Hope you play along with us and get out your best shaped ideas! See you back here next week.

~Jennifer

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails