Friday, May 22, 2009

French Country Apron!

Happy Friday everyone and Yay to the Holiday 3-day weekend (for those in the US)!!

Okay, over the many years of crafting I've made millions of projects but I have to say that today's goes down as my "MOST FAVORITE" and there is hardly any copic coloring (gasp)!! I just adore how this turned out & its so "me"-my favorite colors & very french country (the rooms in my house are all these colors)!! It was also super fun to put together & make :o) And this Vintage Apron by Lockhart reminds me of an apron my mom used to wear growing up (although she doesn't wear them anymore)--I just love it! I'm thinking of making a recipe box with these papers for my own kitchen, hmmmm....!

The dp is from my new stash of Graphic 45 papers which I just adore--I knew when I saw them at CHA this past January that I would HAVE to have them, LOL! You can get the paper and this fun wine/cookie cylinder at Emma's Paperie (love that store)!! If you really, really love this and want to buy it, I might be able to give it up, hee hee!! (email me)

The card uses this week's Mojo Monday sketch #87 and I used Lockhart's new "Vintage Apron"--which I had so much fun paper piecing! I made my sentiment tag with my Nestabilities Labels 4 (love that shape) and distressed all the papers with my Inkssentials blending tool! And I had to add some fun Kaiser pearls to the apron & card to finish it off!

I wrapped the cylinder with my paper and took out the rope-like string that was in it & replaced it with this beautiful ribbon that I got free from Emma's for placing my order--it looks so pretty! I added another tag which uses the PTI's "Mega Mixed Messages" sentiment. These cylinders come in packs of 2 for only $3.59(a large & small)--I used the small size and you could fill it with all sorts of goodies! The large would hold a wine bottle.

So let me know what you think of this project today--you likee? I'll be back tomorrow with a last post until Tuesday! Hope you all enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!!

hugz,

Suzanne

6 comments:

Nilla said...

Love your projects, very pretty! Hugs Nilla

Piia said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

scrappypug said...

wow! love lov love it!

Grace said...

I am speechless...I really can't think of anything else to say other than your card is AMAZING!!

linda said...

Wow - that is really a great combination of patterns and colors - love the vintage sort of '50s look. Aprons are in style these days! :P

Diane said...

This is beau-ti-ful!!! I LOVE French Country and this is "fab"!!! I am glad you visited my blog, as now I have added you to my favorites!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails