Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Try It Out Tuesday #6---Spring Fling!!

Welcome to Try It Out Tuesday and Challenge #6!! This week's challenge was to use any of the new "Anki's Sweetheart" stamps to make anything BUT a card! And lucky me that yesterday's Technique Challenge #208 on SCS was a round-top box template---yay! Such a fun and easy project to do---just print out the template right onto your cs and cut out, a bit of scor-tape and its assembled! The dp is from DCWV new "Whimsey" stack (fabby spring papers) and all the cs is from PTI.

I chose the "Catherine with Butterfly" stamp for my project because she just looks so carefree & spring-like to me! The sentiment is from Verve Stamps "Fairy Tales" and then I stamped over it with their flower stamp from "Beautiful You". The circles including the background one were all made with my circle nestabilities and my hole punch. I punched 2 butterflies out of vellum with my MS butterfly punch and attached them---so pretty and delicate looking! I think this would make a wonderful Easter or spring treat box---mine is filled with those yummy strawberry Whoppers (oh so good) and tied off with ribbon from PTI!!

Make sure to scroll down and see what the rest of the DT has created today for you!! And we'd love to have you join in too---just upload your cards to SCS using the keyword "tiot" or leave a comment on this post with a link!

Also visit the store's PaperCraft Planet site to join in on our sketch challenge contest we have running--all details can be seen HERE!

hugz,
Suzanne Dean

2 comments:

Stressed Stamper said...

Beautiful...love the stamp

Sarah

Kelly said...

Great box! So cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails