Friday, February 27, 2009

Easter wishes - Criss cross card

It's my time this week to share a tutorial with you. It was really difficult to decide what I should do - but then I remembered - I hadn't done a criss cross card for ages..... Why haven't I ???, Hm...maybe it was a long time for you as well? Time for a change then - so here it is ladies:

You need following for my version of a criss cross card:
* 2 Cardstock 4"x11" for your base card.
* 1 DP 4" x 5"
* Nestabilities, ribbon, blings, lace, shimmerz, stickles and a stamped and coloured image of course :-)

Step 1: Cut your cardstock into 2 pieces - both measuring: 4 1/4" x 11".
Step 2: Score both pieces of cardstock at 5 1/2".
Step 3: Take one of the scored pieces and cut it diagonally from center top to the bottom left.
Step 4: Take the other piece of scored cardstock and cut it diagonally from the center top to the bottom right.
Step 5: Add tape to the rectangle part of the cardstock piece.
Step 6: Tape both pieces together and then fold the rectangle part that you just added tape to. Step 7: Cut the DP (4" x 5") in half - diagonally. Step 8: Adhere the DP to your card front. Then add sticky tape to the rectangle part at the bottom. Tape the card base together. The DP that I used (from SU) have patterns on both sides. Step 9: Add all the blings, ribbon, lace and sentiments as you see fit. I used following from my stash: cut out flowers with my flower punch and added center kisses, lace from stash and Easter sentiment from SU.
Step 10: Check what nestie that would fit in the card base. As you can see - I checked that before adding all the blings etc ;-)Step 11: Cut out your DP with the nestie and build up your image. I chose DP from SU and then I coloured Young Cathrine with friends (on aquarelle paper) with SU markers and my aquarelle brush. Nesties - what did I do before they arrived...sigh;-??! I also used my ribbon punch then I cut out Cathrine and added some dimensionals. I also added: ribbons, center kisses and yes - some shimmerz as well.

And here you have the final result:
Please let me know if you have any questions + also visit SCS - thats where I picked up one of my first tutorials on how to make a criss cross card. Also remember - your fantasy is the limit on how you can use this in the future. Change the size, change the from from a square to a circle maybe...etc...

Kram - Anki

7 comments:

Iris said...

This is a great tutorial Anki! Thanks for sharing! I definitely have to try this! Your finished criss cross card looks fabulous!!

Hugs,
Iris

Aud said...

Thank you for this great tutorial, Anki!
Your card is beautiful!♥

Lynn said...

Anki this is wonderful! Your tutorial is perfect and your card is so pretty! I love how the inside portion of the card was cut to a circle!

Susana M said...

Anki,
Love it easy and fun to try very different :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Kim said...

Great tutorial Anki! You are the greatest! Beautiful card!
Hugs~ Kim

Suzanne J Dean said...

Great tutorial Anki--I love it! Easy to follow & beautiful card too!

hugz,
Suzanne

marsha said...

Really great tutorial! I'm definitely going to try this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails